In 2016, GAO was engaged by Tennis Australia to project manage the development of an exclusive Australian Open VIP event with Li Na and the supporting integrated marketing campaign. An innovative, consumer-focused digital campaign utilising leading Chinese social media platforms Tencent WeChat and Sina Weibo, the project targeted the Australian Chinese community and high-yield inbound Chinese tourism markets.
Strategic partnerships with local Chinese media organisations, business associations and community groups also underpinned the campaign and provided access to the lucrative expatriate, student and corporate markets. This resulted in:
– Total campaign reach – 782,812
– Total campaign views – 14,984
– Competition entries (4 days) – 566
– New WeChat followers (13 days) – 1910
– Total campaign engagement (likes/forwards/entries/fan acquisition) – 18.3%