In 2016 and 2018, GAO was engaged by Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to assist with the development of their 2020 Integrated Marketing Strategy. GAO developed a Strategic Partnership Framework and Aviation Marketing Model to guide future engagement with airline partners, tourism bodies and other strategic stakeholders.
More specifically this involved:
– A review of YVR’s global marketing activities, aviation development systems and tourism programs
– Case studies identifying global aviation development / marketing best-practice
– Identifying roles and responsibilities of national, state and local destination marketing and aviation development organisations
– A Strategic Partnership Framework to assist with implementation of a Team Canada (Vancouver) aviation development model
– A phased Aviation Marketing Model to support new routes, service launches and ongoing programs to ensure long-term route viability
– Strategic recommendations and a practical action-orientated plan to increase passenger engagement / efficiencies.