One of Melbourne’s most progressive restaurant and bar operators, the Riverland Group has five city hospitality venues and a gourmet restaurant and regional produce store on the Great Ocean Road.
Offering modern western cuisine set against the backdrop of iconic Australia tourism destinations, Riverland sought to engage with the local Asian community and to capitalise on the growing inbound visitor markets.
Since 2017, GAO has been engaged to develop a program of research; strategy; product development; and sales, marketing and PR activities, to help Riverland engage with and cater for the Asian markets, with a particular focus on China, including:
– Translation and design of Chinese menus and wine lists
– Training for Asian customer service and cultural awareness
– Multi-lingual signage and way-finding strategy
– Establishment and on-going management of in-language digital platforms, including an official Chinese Wechat account
– Implementation of Chinese mobile payment (Wechat Pay and AliPay)